To celebrate (and promote!) the launch of We Have Issues, Nick asked Simon Spurrier – writer of comics and novels alike – to talk a little about how he feels about comics.
Si talks about the representation of violence in stories, youthful pride, and the following books:
- “Judgment On Gotham” by Alan Grant/John Wagner & Simon Bisley – link
- “V For Vendetta” by Alan Moore & David Lloyd – link
- “Nausicaa Of The Valley Of Wind” by Hayao Miyazaki – link
- “Six Gun Gorilla” by Si Spurrier & Jeff Stokely – link
- “Crossed: Wish You Were Here” by Si Spurrier & Fernando Melek – link
(Full Disclosure: Those links all go to Amazon, and if you spend any money there after following them, we get a little tiny teeny bit of money. Tuppence ha’penny to a tenner.)
Nick set these promotional mini episodes in motion because he thought they’d be fun, and they are! But Si Spurrier’s thoughts on V For Vendetta, comics as a medium, and violence in comics are whip-smart and above and beyond, and we’re incredibly grateful to him.
Thanks, Si! You’re great!